About Network of the Future Conference
The Network of the Future (NoF) conference is a premier annual conference that covers advances in the area of Future Internet design, with emphasis on enabling technologies, architectures and services.
Networks are continuously witnessing significant transformations that are resulting in new ways to address the deployment of applications and services in a digital society. Major trends like softwarization leveraged by Software-Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Cloud & Edge Computing, and the introduction of new radio techniques have been recently shaping the evolution in the Telecom and ICT industries, today emphasized by the early deployment of 5G networks and services. Other paradigms like Information-centric networking are also impacting the way content can be delivered to customers. As such, besides technological advances, networking further benefit from the growing introduction of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques that are expected to alleviate complexity and allow smart and reliable automation of service delivery.
As such, the conference aims at providing a forum for researchers, students and professionals to exchange ideas, share their experiences, and discuss their research results around a single-track of technical sessions.
NoF is now a recognized event in its domain and successive venues have been as follows:
- NoF 2019, 1-3 October 2019, Rome, Italy
- NoF 2018, 19-21 November 2018, Poznań, Poland
- NoF 2017, 22-24 November 2017, London, UK
- NoF 2016, 16-18 November 2016, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- NoF 2015, 30 September – 2 October 2015, Montreal, Canada
- NoF 2014, 3-5 December 2014, Paris, France
- NoF 2013, 23-25 October 2013, Pohang, South Korea
- NoF 2012, 21-23 November 2012, Tunis, Tunisia
- NoF 2011, 28-30 November 2011, Paris, France
- NoF 2010, 20-23 September 2010, Brisbane, Australia
In 2020, NoF initially planned on October 12-14, 2020 in Bordeaux, France, will be run as a virtual event